Since it’s nearly the end of another year, we thought we’d round up the most popular posts that the Click and Protect team published during 2022 to help you with expert advice – and here they are, in order.
Interestingly, the top 4 most read articles were all from our Foundations series, which is intended to help you get the basics of cyber security in place:
- Backups: to make sure you can get back to normal business if there’s a problem
- Passwords: to stop unauthorised people getting at your information and accounts
- Malware Protection: advice on how to protect your computer systems or data from attacks
- Phishing awareness: making sure that your staff know when to be suspicious about an email (or call).
It’s good to see how many of you are interested in getting the foundations right. Next steps might include working out exactly what your business needs to protect, securing your mobile devices, and perhaps considering getting a Cyber Essentials certification.
The rest of the top 10 are a mix of different articles, either discussing the particular cyber security needs of different industry sectors or offering a few top tips that would work for anyone:
- Cyber security for start-ups: where to find advice and when you’re thinking about security for your new business
- 10 tips for securing your smart home: tips on protecting your home network, whether you are working from home, or want to secure your personal information and data
- Cyber security for estate agents: reducing the risk of cyber-attacks for a business dealing with the biggest single purchase that people make
- 6 security podcasts: ideas for something to listen to when you’re out and about
- Cyber security for charities: protecting charities from attacks, which often have little spare money and are staffed by volunteers
- And an article about calling 159 to check if the call you’ve received is really from your bank or not.
If you haven’t read all of our Top 10 posts, do check them out, especially if you are working in one of these sectors, or know someone who does. They are full of useful information intended to help you secure your business. You can find the full set of our posts on the Click and Protect website.
And come back soon! We’ll be back in the New Year with more information and tips. Don’t forget that you can sign up to get our newsletter in your inbox, for more valuable cyber security advice.
As always, if there’s anything you’d like to know more about, or have any other cyber security questions or concerns, do contact the Click and Protect team on 0113 733 6230.
We’d like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy – and secure – 2023!